FoFH is a nonprofit organization. It’s mission is:
- To help keep Fellsmere Park, situated in Malden, Massachusetts, forever open as a public park and playground consistent with the historic character of this Olmsted-designed park
- To promote recreation consistent with the historic uses of the park
- To promote use as a community open space so residents and visitors can both enjoy the beauty of nature and gather in a sense of community
- To promote protection of wildlife habitat and watershed in Fellsmere Park and in Fulton Heights, situated in Medford, Massachusetts
- To defend the generous donations, made primarily by Malden residents, to the former Malden Hospital Trust by helping ensure that the assets and land — situated in Malden and Medford between Fellsmere Park and Fulton Heights — of the former Trust serve local public charitable interests and the local need for open space for public health and to actively seek and hold land or easements in these environs for these purposes.